Sunday, March 31, 2002

Last night I had a lot of fun. Thank you to all the people who are my friends. I love you guys. But last night was also filled with a disheartening discovery. I didn't even see the scene, I wasnt ment to. I hear a voice that sounded like Liz tell me "Col...Dan" and I didnt want to follow them all onto the beach. I already knew. So I stood there alone in the cold. Disappointed. Annoyed. Confused.

Sad

Liz later told me that she didnt say anything to me. Someone didn't want me to see it, so I thank that guardian angel. But afterwards I kept thinging: So this is what it's come to. Yes, I know people change. Yes, I realize now there will only be a handful of people I will keep in touch with. But No, I dont understand you Dan. I'm starting to wonder if it was all a lie. That you played the part you needed to and now you moved on. I don't know the truth. The whole thing makes me want to cry. If you read this. This is for you:

The Great Actor

The great actor fooled us all
Vanishing line
Fact or Fiction
I thought you cared
Tricked me
Was it deception,
of the ugliest kind?

Lover of lies
Fake
Trained smile and charm
Did you really mean it,
or was it all for show?
When did your endurance faulter?
Was I attracted to a character?
Was it all make believe?
Is it possible,
that this monster is really you
Maybe I just never saw it
A gradual decay

Your complicated mind consumed you
But you barely put up a fight
Pick a personality
Even you belived the lies

Disappointment and Violation
Naive little me was dooped
The cover was perfect
The pages were blank

What a performance!
Congradulations,
You've won your Oscar
On to the next role
Don't worry
I'll be fine
No matter who you become
I'll always remember
The Great Actor...you were







No comments: