Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A while back whilst my parents were here in Ithaca I bought a shirt that said, "Islam is Gorges." Now here in Ithaca there are plenty of shirts that read: "Ithaca is Gorges" since there are many gorges here and many consider them to be quite gorgeous.

This shirt only ran about 3 bucks so I figured why not. Today I broke it out after a long period of staying in my dresser. At first I thought, I hope people don't take me seriously like I'm some kind of activist. Then I figured most who knew me would get it. What I didn't think about was the awkward new guy over at Taste of Thai asking me something on the way out.

awkward guy: "Does Islam have gorges?"
me: "What?"
awkward guy: "Does Islam have gorges or is that just a joke."
me: "It's a joke."

and scene...

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I once visited Islam. It's a beautiful land, full of splendor and majesty and... resplendence.

And yes, its lush beauty is made all the more luxuriant by its numerous gorges, fjords and canyons.

This poor fellow at the Thai restaurant does not know what he's missing.