Monday, August 13, 2007

It's been a year that I've been out here hustling to sell my soul to the devil that is Hollywood. I really can't believe it. It's mostly because there are no seasons. I'm all walking around in jeans and a t-shirt in 70 degrees going, "oh its winter?" Cut to 6 months later, same outfit, "oh it's summer?"

I used to think that people who quit the bizz were lacking passion or drive, but now I see that its just really exhausting. You always hear about so and so who took years before making it big. I'm not looking to make it big, I'm looking to make my car payments and rent. But sure, if you'd like me to be famous, sure. I'm down. Shoot me an email, Hollywood Gods. I'll be around.

I think maybe I should quit my job and get me a Star Wars costume. Maybe be the evil emperor, find a way to shoot lightning from my fingers. Get one of those static electricity dome things from Spencer's gift. Just carry that around. Close enough. Then i can be that girl who dresses like an old crazy evil Jedi. That way my dream of being a Jedi is sort of realized in a really sad, pathetic way.

Also speaking of evil Sith Lords, It's my working theory that Dick Chenney is Senator Palpatine. He will totally Force Choke your ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cols.
You DO realize that dressing up like old evil jedi is doable, right? It would get you some moolah. I'm talking about that strip outside Mann's Chinese Theatre where people are out there daily dressed as Jack Sparrow, Elvis, and others. Old Evil Jedi would fit right it.
I know I'd pay to get my picture taken with you, and if I'd pay, well then hot dog! So would everyone else.
SShhoot for the stars, Colleen Evanson.
-jess blasko