Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Los Angeles is a beautiful place to live. Being from the East Coast I don't mind not having the winter to deal with, however, I miss the seasons. I like it when it gets cloudy. I like a little rain. Mix it up. It sounds ridiculous but you can get bored of sunny and 70s. (Please try to stiffle the urge to punch me in the face.)

What I don't like about the great weather is that the people here can't handle it when it's not perfect. In general there are WAY too many people with driver's licenses who don't deserve them aka no one knows how to drive. So when it rains, it might as well be the Apocalyse. That being said it shouldn't surprise you that when it was CRAZY windy yesterday and some street lights went out, it took people 40 mins to go 5 miles.

Oy. There has got to be a better way. If we can't handle wind how we will deal with flying cars? According to Back the Future II they are slated to appear around 2015.

That's when I'm glad I ride my bike. Although there were a few times when the wind blew so hard the bike pulled to the side and dust was all up in ma face that I didn't feel as fortune.

No comments: