Monday, November 02, 2009

Daylight Savings Time is a crazy little thing that confuses us when we wake up in the morning and the digital clock doesn't match our phone. I awoke on Sunday thinking, why didn't my phone alarm go off, it's past 8:30AM according to the clock near the bed. But then oh, ho it was only 7:30AM. SCORE! Bonus hour of sleep. It was even better than finding a $20 in an old pair of jeans.

But I wonder in a society that becomes more and more reliant on technology every day that we will lose the wonder of realizing we gain an hour of sleep in the fall. Everything will be sync'd and you can no longer use that as an excuse when you're late. You'll just wake up feeling extra refreshed before your robot slave arrives with your breakfast and slippers.

TIP: Make the robot slave eat the breakfast first so you know it's not poison because it's bound to turn on you eventually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you save time when you are sleeping extra?

I'm not saving daylight at the end of the day, its darker earlier and I'm not awake if the sun rises earlier.

Another gov't conspiracy.. Pretty soon they are going to tell us what we can do and say based on a carbon footprint.. and if I have a carbon footprint will I be able to get medical care for it....