Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Seriously, what did we do without the internet?

I know that back in the "olden times" there was a lot of stuff to make up like electricity, cars, or literacy. But after the invention of the sandwich, what did people do to fill up their days? I'm sure some were poor and had to work all the time and rich people created country clubs, but I'm talking like in the 80s. Obviously we filled time with creating choice outfits with as many neon colors as possible, but then what? Getting a perm is not an all day affair.

Did people actually work more? Were they more productive without the distractions from sites such as Fail Blog or YouTube? I doubt it.

I think we were just bored and took less proscription drugs for disorders we hadn't yet made up.

Speaking of, how ridiculous is this Latisse thing Brooke Shields is selling!? A prescription drug that helps grow your eye lashes longer and fuller. I mean REALLY?! This is what we're using science for now? You guys completely gave up on the cancer thing and shifted focus on the epidemic of non awesome eyelashes that weren't helped through mascara?

If that's not a white people problem, I dunno what is.

No comments: