Saturday, March 27, 2010

This is now old news but I have moved and in trying to update all my info with the proper channels I am not satisfied with the DMV or the Post Office. Shocker! You know, I love me the internet it makes our lives easier. To be honest, I barely remember what we did without Google Maps. I mean, calling someone on the phone and relying on THEM to tell you how to get to their house? It was like the Dark Ages.

Naturally I went to the online websites to achieve my goal of the address update. I already updated my bank account stuff. So it's really annoying when you input ALL your info on these sites and then it tells me to verify my info they'll use my bank stuff. I think, great this is almost done. NOPE. There was an error, info doesn't match. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills as I try over and over again.

Now I have to resort to filling out an ACTUAL form and MAILING IT. I think this is a conspiracy by the Post Office to justify their existence in our technology relying society. It's either that or someone stole my ID. I feel like Sandra Bullock in The Net.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Ha, the post office and the DMV do suck! I don't know if you're privy to this yet, but I heard the economy is in the crapper :/

Now onto more important things: I have questions. More importantly, questions I think your mind would be able to make up answers to - comical ones. More importantly, it would give me something to read. More importantly, I don't see a Q&A widget on your blog to post my food for thought. More importantly, if that widget doesn’t exist I think you should pioneer that so I can ask you random questions for you to blog about. Caprese?!?

My first question would be for tips from one cubicle jockey to another, about how to bide your time and not blow your brains out when you have 8 hours to spend in front of a computer with no work to do. The youtubes would be too obvious and facebook loitering is so 2009. More importantly, I'm bored and need things to bide my time. More importantly, my hovercraft is filled with eels! translates to "Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas!" en espanol. Do you see the severity of my boredom? Only you can prevent brain fires.

PS I stole your ID