Monday, October 14, 2002

The Lone Sock:

On my journey back to my place of living, in the area that I further my education, I came upon a lone sock. He was white, and lay crumpled up on the concrete. He didn't ask me for money, but I could tell he was hungry. He was the silent type, who asks with their eyes. Although he had no eyes, just a long stretch of threads that could be pulled way past your ankles and up your leg. The type my dad often likes to fashion to show the time when he grew up. This sock had little time to grow. A life of poverty. A street rat. He was like Aladdin, but was missing the glow of the diamond in the ruff. He was more like the sad white sock on the sidewalk. I bet he was stepped on today. I bet people pointed and laughted at his misfortune. How dare them?! How dare I?! Who am I to judge his life? I will answer my own question...I am but a human.

Was that NOT the most amazing thing you ever read!? Yeah that's what I thought. Go get yourself a tissue and wipe away those tears.
My writing is SO deep.

Now go on with your life.

No comments: