Monday, October 25, 2010

Riddle me this: When the queue for any DVD service such as Netflix or the dead carcass of Blockbuster tells you there is a "long wait" for a DVD, what happens? From what very little I picked up on in my high school economics class I'm pretty sure the demand has exceeded the supply.

Here's an example:
My co-worker Alexander was hoping to watch the old Tron before the new movie comes out (which I have mixed feelings on). He said Tron went from "long wait" to "unavailable."

Well that's just a lie. They HAD it before. Did some nerd decide to keep it and pay the overpriced 30 dollar charge? It's happened to me before. There is NO WAY a disc of The Sopranos cost that much. It's one disc not the whole set and besides I DID GIVE IT BACK! But I digress...

This "long wait" must mean there are some people at the front of that line. I'm sure they won't just step out of line, I mean they are SO close. But with something like Netflix, how would you know where in line you were? And could it be Alexander has been told it's unavailable now in order for him to give up hope and take it off his queue?

So to all those ready to give up I quote the words of Wilson Phillips, "I know that there is pain but cha hold on for one more day and break free from the chains." Because someday, somebody is gonna turn around and give that disc back and it'll be like finding a $20 in an old pair of jeans. Truly glorious.

Otherwise I turn to my fail safe answer: The internet. I'm sure Tron is just a torrent away. If only I knew how to download those things. I just fall short of being savvy enough.

No comments: