Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving was last week which meant a 3 day work week. Hells yeah! However, the best part is Wednesday evening going, "oh man 4 days off!" Cut to Sunday night being bummed that I can't sleep til 10am nor wear my PJs all day.

Highlights included:

I ate a delish homecooked meal at a co-workers which included an apple pie. I'm not even a huge apple pie fan but it was AMAZING. And since I played some ultimate frisbee earlier in the day I didn't feel bad eating more of it.

Half watching Despicable Me two times as I baked some vegan cookies - turns out there were fully lines I kept missing. I made oatmeal almond butter cookies which turned out quite nicely. Yet the Ginger/dark chocolate scones were more like pancakes, mostly because I forgot I used pancake mix. Oops. But I didn't let that stop me from eating them, however flimsy they are. Still good!

Half watching the original Tron which wasn't really as bad as I thought it would be. But you gotta love anything that cuts back to a scene with the title: "Back in the real world." And let's not forget the pong-tastic special effects.

Going into Banana Republic with no interest in buying anything and finding pants on sale for $18.99 from $79.90. After triple checking it was real and trying them on with success I went to the register with them and got another discount so they were only 15 bucks. If I bought those full price, I'd be pissed!

Lowlights:

You know what I didn't enjoy? Watching this season's The Office episodes on Hulu.com because they are no longer free. So now I'm not caught up. Thanks a lot internet! I mean, there are a ton of other websites I can watch it on but it WAS there and it WAS free forever. That's how they hook ya. Give you a free taste but the next one is full price. Hulu plus is like a drug dealer. Or at least what I know of drug dealers from TV shows like The Wire or Breaking Bad which I watch illegally online.

1 comment:

Chaia Milstein said...

Speaking of Breaking Bad, does what's-his-face still have your first season box set? Because I know someone who wants to watch it next (aka ME).