Saturday, July 30, 2011


House sitting is kind of amazing. Basically I'm getting paid to mooch off someone else's house, food, and cable. Thank you for having my back, Universe. My bank account thanks you.

Now while in this lovely house in Griffith Park (feel free to come visit) there's cable which I don't usually have. See there is this thing called the "interwebs" and if you have that, there's really no point to having cable when there's Hulu and other "illegal" sites.

So this morning I'm flipping through the channels when I find "I Shouldn't Be Alive" on Animal Planet. They take these amazing survival stories from people who get stuck somewhere in the outdoors like mountains, deserts, and what nots. It's usually a fun trip gone horribly wrong and in the end someone dies or loses a limb. FUN! They re-create it, you know, "Unsolved Mystery" style, sans the amazing narration of Robert Stack (RIP).

The one I watched today was about this lone hiker and his dog in New Zealand. Homeboy goes for a stress relieving walk, slips, then proceeds to slide down the mountainside and off a cliff. He survives but busts his wrist, dislocates his ankle, and has a huge gash in his thigh. Check Minus overall.

Now the really amusing thing is hearing the unseen narrator continue to talk about how difficult it is for the guy to "pitch a tent." They said it so many times, someone in standards and practices wasn't doing their job. You see, the phrase is also used to describe a dude getting an erection.


At one point I though it was really starting to get out of hand when the narrator said, "It will take all his strength to pitch a tent."


... That's what she said.

No comments: