Tuesday, March 02, 2010

I watched The Bachelor last night. Now I'd like to have the record show that I am not a regular of such reality shows. I'm WAY too snobby about TV to get sucked in but some friends were going to watch the finale and snacks were involved so I didn't want to be rude...

One girl was the clear favorite. Perhaps you've seen in the media already. But to me she was like a mix of a Disney character and a robot who was always happy and talked in a Minnie Mouse like voice. She was, of course, super hot.

The other girl was kinda like, I guess, the trashy whore. She didn't get along with many of the other women on the show because she "kept it real." Naturally I was rooting for her. Turns out dreams really can come true because he picked her, much to the dismay of all the other girls I watched it with.

I find it all very amusing that we get so invested in these reality show relationships like we know them. How can you really find love on an over produced TV show? Are you still going to love each other when you aren't on a remote island or going to restaurants via helicopter? Just sayin'.

But I think the BEST part was that they titled this season "On The Wings Of Love" based on the song of same title. Of course we sang that line whenever possible. And at the end of the whole thing, when the heartbreak was done, and the proposal was made, they had a follow up half hour all about what we JUST saw. And there was a surprise for the happy couple.

Wait for it...

These lovebirds got to slow dance in front of a studio audience as Jeffrey Osborne sang "On The Wings of Love." It was awkwardly amazing, lame lighting effects n all. Overall a true sight to behold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The comments on the bachelor were funny. I was hoping for miss"Disney" but you are righ his pick was better for him. I really prefer watching '24'.

Anonymous said...

dude... i just realized you've had this blog for NINE YEARS. color me impressed. and purple. i mean, c'mon, wouldn't it be fun to be purple? love, your east coast brain.