Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Today I took a stroll over to a friend's apartment after work. As I got acquainted with the new neighborhood I noticed a man walking brisky nearby. We both arrived at an intersection around the same time. The light was about to change so I decided to wait but he decided to go for it. He was a little husky so I was surprised how fast he made it across. I wondered where he was going in such a hurry. Perhaps a run to CVS or grocery store for milk.

The light changed. I crossed and being the fast walker I am, caught up with him. We approached a Wienerschnitzel and I noticed he put his hand to his back pocket as if to check his wallet. Yep, it's there. He did a little twinkle toes move of excitement and I thought, "Don't tell me he's THAT excited for a semi-sketchy hot dog." Turns out he was.

What happens to you when that is the highlight of your day? Ice-cream I can understand but Weinerschnitzel. It just sounds ridiculous.

No comments: