Sunday, January 26, 2003

I went sledding last night with Tony and Rob Flack. It was great. I hit some serious air on the snow ramp, ma brotha. I got to get my sled on with a one man blow up raft, a boogie board with a plastic bottom-hello speed, your classic long plastic sled which sucks, and the ever so classy dining hall tray. The tray is fun cuz you lay on it with your stomach and then arch the rest of your body so you dont hit the snow. You are so close to the snow its like your flying or something.

At one point we were going down this hill near a house and the guy came home. He goes outside with his dog and Flack and I were waiting til he left...well I wanted to cuz I didnt want to be attacked by some dog. So we waited, and waited, and this dog seemed to want to stay outside and we couldnt see where it was so we moved over like 10 feet or so and were going for one of our last runs. I was on the faster sled so one we went down I got a bit further than Flack did. I heard chains gingling and was like Oh my God I'm going to be attacked by a dog now. I had an instinct to over my neck, but instead I got up to see where the dog was. Boom hes like 2 feet away, freaking HUGE German Shepard. His hair was sticking up and he was growling a little. The owner told me not to worry.

I look to see Flack, hes like 6-7 feet away and not moving at all. So I start to move back and the dog doesnt want me to and Flack tells me to follow him and, "don't move." The dog listened to its owner and left. Walking back Flack told me that he saw the dog coming over to me and thought Colleen is going to be attacked and there is nothing I can do.

Needless to say, the fun overpowered my fear of being eaten by man's best friend.

No comments: